It's been a couple of crazy busy last few months.
I have been having some terrible attacks since Kinlynn was born. Actually the attacks started when I was pregnant with the twins and then quit. Then when I was pregnant with Kinlynn I had about 6 or 7 more. We were self diagnosing these attacks as reflux. They made me feel like I was suffocating and couldn't breathe, with a severe sharp stabbing pain and I always ended up throwing up because the pain was so bad. When Kinlynn was 3 months old I started having the attacks again and they started getting more frequent and were lasting for 4 to 5 hours. On July 11th an attack started and lasted all night long. Finally I had my mom take me to the doctor to help me with Kinlynn while Ben stayed home with Lexyn and Brittyn. The doctor was afraid of pancreatitis because of the area that was tender. She sent me for some lab work and an ultrasound at the hospital. After lots of waiting in different rooms in the hospital while being sick all day and unable to walk the pain was so severe, they said I had gall stones but that one had gotten lodged in the duct and was causing pancreatitis and an enlarged liver. I was immediately admitted to be watched and put on antibiotics and fluids because I was so dehydrated. That was the first night I was away from Kinlynn, not exactly how I expected to spend that first night away from her. My friend Kelly came from work immediately when I was admitted, to relieve Ben so he could come to the hospital with me. My poor mom kept all 3 kids that night. It was a long night for all of us. Kinlynn is breast fed, and until that week she would NOT take a bottle for anything. She hated it. She screamed for 5 hours straight and went 14 hours without eating before she decided that the bottle wouldn't be so bad. The next day I had my gallbladder removed and then was transferred to another hospital for more monitoring and another procedure on Friday to remove 3 more gallstones that had gotten lodged. Finally on July 16th I was discharged from the hospital. The very next week our family left for Destin, Florida. I was still very sore and lacking lots of energy but I was not being left behind! Now a month later I feel great with no more attacks and no pain just lots of high medical bills because I do not have health insurance, which is also why I put off going to the doctor for so long. I was in the middle of trying to get insurance that would have covered it; however, now I have been denied by 2 companies.
The day I came home from the hospital. I missed these 3 babies so much during my 4 night hospital stay.
Silly Kinlynn
8-3-11 We tried out the new Crayola colored bubbles. I walked inside for a minute and heard the girls belly laughing. When I came back outside they were covered head to toe in the colored bubbles. It was a huge mess but they had so much fun and the clean up was simple. Just run the water hose over them and the ground and the color goes away.
The big girls have now started preschool 2 days a week so maybe, just maybe, I can begin to catch my blog up!



1 comment:
Geez what a nightmare girl! I hope things are getting back to normal for you and you get insurance. Gorgeous girlys too!
Post a Comment