Friday, November 28, 2008
Target Lesion update
When we to the doctor last Thursday we saw the doctor on call, Dr. Irwin, who was pregnant. We went back in Friday morning for the lab tech to draw the girls blood; we were told the results should be in on Monday. On Wednesday this week when I hadn't heard anything I called the office. They informed me that Dr. Irwin went into labor on Sunday therefore they turned the results over to our doctor, Dr. Stanford, who was not in on that day. So today after making some phone calls, I finally talked directly with Dr. Stanford. He told me that the lab ran the wrong test, not the test requested, which means we have to go through the blood drawing process again. He did tell me that most likely we will not be able to find the cause of the lesion rash, meaning that Dr. Stanford has to honor the directions from the infectious disease doctor and not give my girls any more Synagis shots. I asked what precautions that meant since we are already staying in the house except going to my parents, Ben's parents and Sunday morning church. He said pull them from church until the end of RSV season which is the end of March. He also said keep all children away and any adults that are sick in any way. He said the girls are considered very high risk babies and they can not get RSV or it won't be good, which I have already been told by the NICU at Baptist hospital. Dr. Stanford does want to go ahead and have the girls blood drawn again possibly at Childrens Hospital, so that they can run the correct microplasma test to see if there is a chance that caused the rash. Please keep praying that we can find the cause but mostly that my girls will stay healthy through all this. I will keep you updated on what we find out hopefully next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment