Thursday, January 14, 2010

One Day I Will Learn.....

Yesterday afternoon, I left the girls unattended for a few minutes. When I do that, I put them in their bedroom but they have freedom to the playroom and hallway as well. I shut off my bedroom and their bathroom and let them roam.
I always think I have finally baby proofed well enough that they can't climb up on the spare bed or onto the shelves or get into anything that can hurt them, then I come back in the room to find them into something else they shouldn't be!



In the playroom/spare room, I have the closet halfway open. The open side has their toy basket in it, and the closed side has totes full of outgrown clothes and toys stacked. I kept hearing some talking and banging against the wall. I peeked into their bedroom but didn't see them. So I peeked into the playroom and didn't see them. Then I heard the wall banging again and realized it was coming from the closet. When I didn't see them sitting in the toy basket like they normally are, I opened the closed closet door to find Lexyn sitting on top of the 3 stacked totes. And Brittyn, she was the one banging against the wall because she had climbed all the way over the totes in the corner where there is about a 1 foot space, and couldn't get out. You can see her peeking over top of the three totes. And yes I did run to get the camera before I got them out!
One day I will learn that I can't turn my back for even a second; but I guess climbing on the spare bed, out of their crib, on top of their book shelves, on top of the dresser, and now on top of the stacked totes inside the closed closet door isn't enough to teach me!
And yes, all those clothes haning up are clothes they have outgrown. I am just waiting for the Rhea Lana's sale to come back to West Little Rock.

13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ha!! I can't believe she climbed all the way up there!!! Silly little girls, Im glad they didn't get hurt! good luck mama, We will be there in a few months or so!!!

Anonymous said...

They are so silly - and so cute! My twin sis and I were always getting into situations, but as long as we were going to get in trouble together, we didn't care! I guess I'll be paying for that soon :)

Holly said...

OMG! I'm learning so much from all of you twin moms. :) I love that even if they are getting into things you remember to capture the moment and grab the camera.... this one is classic!!!

zzyzxx said...

Save the clothes for me!!!! (I'm not pregnant) But...will need them someday!

We are the Smith Family said...

I KNOW!!!! It is never enough!!! Too funny.....I think there are angels on the shoulders of children as they play....bless them! Everything just looks sooo tempting!

Holly said...

Hello there! I got your coment on my blog about how I get Khloee's bows to stick to her head. KY Jelly. Just a little dab goes a long way. Weird I know but it works.
Hope all is well!

Safire said...

Hehe...my twins are climbers too. Cute pictures of them! (Visiting from M&M blog. Enjoyed your post about the apnea monitors today!)

lifewithquads said...

LOL! I remember when mine (especially one of them) seemed more like little monkeys with everything they got into....or should that be onto?

Stopped by from Multiples and More after reading your guest blog. Boy, did I hate those monitors when we came home. I think they made me more nervouse than just having the kids home did. My husband used to have to remind me that the monitor police weren't going to come and take my children away. lol

Twincerely,Olga said...

stopping by form Multiples and More!! Your girls are just beautiful!!! You are so organized!I can just picture them in the closet in my head!! Big smile for me right now!! stop by

amy said...

you were featured on M and M! How cool! Fabulous post!!

Anonymous said...

I'm finding the same "issue" right now- I think that everything is baby-proof and ready to go and them boom, they outsmart me. It's challenging! Such cuties the girls are...

Julia said...

What cuties!! You can't leave them alone for a minute, can you? It seems like my girls know exactly what I don't want them to get into and that is the first thing they go for. Never a dull moment.

Cori said...

They are so funny! Very cute!

I left you an award on my blog. :)