Thursday, July 8, 2010

The results are POSITIVE!!!!

I am sorry about the blogging break, it wasn't intended but lately I have been so busy. Well, more like sick and extremely tired. When the girls are napping I have been napping, and at night after they go to bed I usually eat dinner then lay on the couch and fall asleep immediately. I just have no energy and if I am up then I am nauseated with some dizziness.


After a looooong weekend, wish some confusion, worrying, and planning it all out in our heads; we finally got a call yesterday afternoon at 4:30 that went like this,
nurse: "Kristi, your lab results came back. And your progesterone is a little low so the doctor wants to call in some medicine. Which pharmacy......"
me: "So I am pregnant?"
nurse: "well, I guess so. That is what he is saying. Let me look back at your lab. hmmmmmm...Yes you are!"
me: "OMG, ok....so what about the medicine?"


It started last Wednesday night, well the nausea and sickness. I didn't think anything about it, just took a phenergan and went to bed. When I woke up Thursday morning I started eating some cereal, and got sick again. At that point some crazy thought popped in my head, when was my last period? I couldn't remember. I have never been regular, and haven't been on birth control since the girls were 6 months old. We did infertility treatments for a year, and then finally got pregnant with them by IVF. So what was the point in birth control? We knew we wanted more children but also knew IVF is expensive so it would be several more years before we could do it again. So, anyways, after I got sick last Thursday I decided to take a test. If I ever question a delayed period, then I usually take a test, see that it is negative and I start my period that day or the next. So I was thinking I would go ahead and test, see the negative, start my period before we went out of town for the holiday, and then self diagnose a stomach bug.
But to my surprise, the test quickly showed positive. However, I thought it might have been a little messed up so I got another test, and it too quickly showed positive. I called Ben, who didn't even know I was feeling sick or testing, and told him "I think might be pregnant." He was quite confused! Then, I was doing some research on the medicine I was on, and came across a website that said it could cause a false positive. Since it was a holiday weekend my OB and my PCP are closed on Friday's and they were closed on Monday for the holiday. I had to wait until Tuesday to go get a blood pregnancy test. In the mean time, I took 6 tests and they all kept reading positive! I have been sick the whole time, not actually throwing up like I did with the girls, but extremely nauseated with NO appetite. After yesterday's phone call, we finally know and it all makes sense now!

Although this wasn't completely planned, we are so excited and couldn't be happier that God has chosen us to carry and parent another angel! My progesterone is low, but that isn't uncommon and it was with my first pregnancy so I am on some medicine to help with that. We are praying for guidance on our insurance issue, a much healthier pregnancy than the first, and a healthy baby!

18 comments:

Cori said...

Yay! So happy for you guys!! I hope the sickness wears off soon :) Congrats on the new life God placed you with and I really hope things go smoothly with this pregnancy! Lexyn and Brittyn are going to be such great big sisters :)

amy said...

i LOVE that you took 6 more tests! :) ha! SSSOOOOOO excited for yall!!! Praying for a healthy pregnancy and that your energy comes back soon.

hannah said...

ohmygoodness that is SO exciting!! I am so happy for you guys :) The girls be such good big sisters.

Anonymous said...

What a great surprise! Congrats! And what a lucky little baby to have such sweet big sisters! I'll be praying for a l-o-n-g and boring pregnancy!! So excited for y'all :)

Shannon C said...

I had this feeling yesterday that one of my friends would get news they were pregnant. I was quite surprised to see your news of FB. Congratulations! I am so excited for you. I will be praying for the little life inside.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yay! What a shock after going through so much the first time around. I love that they started out by leaving out the little detail of the positive pg. Our sonogragrapher did that when she forgot to tell us it was twins and instead announced that she was checking to see if there was a third baby,\.

Amber said...

So excited for y'all Kristi! :D

Hayley said...

OH MY GOODENSS...this is such wonderful and exciting news! L&B are going to be great big sisters. Praying for a healthy pregnancy and praying that you get to feeling better soon.

Lindsey Kindy said...

Oh Kristi! How exciting! I am super happy for you guys! We are praying for a healthy mama, helthy pregnancy, and a healthy baby,(or 2!) Congrats again!!

Jordyn said...

congratulations on your newest miracle to be! lexyn and brittyn will make amazing big sisters!

Shelli Robertson said...

I am still, so excited about your new news! God is so good and you and your family are in my prayers! Hope you start feeling better.

Beggs said...

Yay! Congrats girl! :o)

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I've been waiting for this post. Congrats, I'm so happy for you guys!

Kristen said...

That is awesome! I did the exact same thing when my twins were 18 months old. I took like 7 tests. Now I have a 10 week old little boy & 2 two year olds. It is a little crazy, but a huge blessing after IVF. Man, I can relate! Three kids is CRAZY!!!

Jen said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!!
Congratulations.
That is amazing.
I pray every single day God would bless me with a 'natural' surprise :)
I am SO happy for you guys.

P.S.
praying for you!

We are the Smith Family said...

OMG....Congratulations!!!! What a blessing!!!! God is sooo good...and unpredictable! :)

Holly said...

Wowsers! This is such exciting news & so wonderful to not have to go through IVF again. Now the burning question is..... TWINS again?!? ;) Hoping for a very long and uneventful pregnancy, congrats!

Kristyn said...

Congrats! We are expecting another baby too! I'm glad that I'm not the only twin mama out there who isn't afraid to take on another baby!