Our Christmas celebrations started on Christmas Eve, which happened to also be my 25th birthday. We met at my parents to do Christmas with my side of the family. The girls were fun and did more than I expected a 6 month old to do.
They loved the toy Gamma got them. It is the fisher-price lights and sound stage. It lights up all around, plays music and has a mirror in the center. The girls get the biggest smiles when they see their faces in the mirror. They played with that toy for about an hour with cousin Brinlee's help.
Christmas morning we woke up and did Christmas at our house. Ben and I did get the girls a few toys and 3 books. They sat in their bumbo chairs and looked at the toys and books but had lots of fun with the wrapping paper!
Ben got me a dual screens dvd player for my car, which means the girls now have some entertainment when we go for longer drives. That would have been really nice to have last week when we kept going out to look at Christmas lights.
While we were opening gifts we had the Disney Christmas Parade on TV. It was always a tradition for my family when I was growing up to open presents and then watch the parade. I still enjoy watching it. I plan to start the tradition with my girls, in fact they really liked watching it this year while they chewed on wrapping paper!
After we got up and around we headed in town. The girls and I hung out at my mom's house while Ben went to his Nanny's house. The girls weren't allowed to go anywhere except my parents and Ben's parents house so I ended up missing the big Brown family lunch at noon on Christmas Day. At 3:00 we went to Ben's parents house to do Christmas with them. Nana and Papaw also got the girls a fun big gift. It is the Fisher-Price crawl and stand kitchen. They had fun with it too. It was a great day for us, the most exciting gift for me was watching my babies! The Lord has really blessed us this year. Having kids, even though they aren't old enough to fully get into Christmas yet, really changes the way you see Christmas. I really didn't care much about if or what I got, I enjoyed opening gifts with my girls and watching their small reactions to the noises each toy made. Next year will be even more fun in the Brown family!














1 comment:
Thanks for the hairbows and pacifiers for Chloe. Are the girls off their heartmonitors?
Post a Comment