Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Our new sleeping habits

Finally we are sleeping through the night. Well, that may be more of me than the girls but we are working on it. Last Tuesday I started shutting the girls bedroom door and our bedroom door. When the girls started crying I turned off the monitor in my room and went back to sleep. It was tough, and for about an hour I would turn the monitor up and check to see if they were still crying, and they were. But I never got up with them. They ended up going back to sleep and didn't get back up until 7:45 am. I have done this for a week now. They are getting better. Brittyn has stopped waking up at all now but Lexyn still wakes up around 3:00 but has started only crying for about 5 minutes and then goes back to sleep. Last night we did our normal routine. They got a bath, swaddled, a bottle, and then laid down at 7:30pm. I did hear Lexyn wake up crying at 2:45am but it didn't last long. They didn't wake up this morning until 9:00am. YEAH!!!!! We are finally accomplishing some sleep in our house! It was very tough at first to just let them cry it out but they are 10 and half months old so they should not be getting up 3 times a night. When they wake up in the morning they take a bottle and go back to sleep until around 10:30 or 11:00 am. It has been great!




Lexyn sucking her bunny blanket's ear. That is what she does to fall asleep and all through the night. She will not take a passy but she will suck her bunny's ear. She is a little odd I must say!





Brittyn asleep on her tummy. I always start her out on her side in between the wedges but she rolls over them and gets on her belly.



No comments: