Thursday, April 2, 2009

10 Months Old

Today marks the 10 month birthday! OMG in 2 months I will have TWIN 1 year olds. I could cry right now just thinking about it. I have had a few more emotional days this week than I ever do. I just can't believe how big and old my babies are getting. I know they have to grow up and gain weight but I guess I never realized that time doesn't pass in s-l-o-w 24 hour days after you have little ones. I swear our days only have 6 or 7 hours in them!

Now that the scary RSV season is over, we have been able to start getting out. But since we have not been out in the real world since they were 5 months old they don't really know how to act. They are scared to death of strangers, and somehow they lost their great shopping behavior! They aren't much for sitting in the stroller or in a buggy. They have lots of learning to do about shopping!

I might also say that since I have been blessed to be a stay at home mom they really don't appreciate when mom gets too far out of site. That is a great feeling for me. It is a feeling I longed for years to feel.

Little Miss Lexyn Faye decided sister could not leave her to far behind. She started pulling up a few weeks ago and then yesterday she decided she would FINALLY SIT UP on her own.

Lexyn:

Loves to eat mommy's homemade pureed baby food. Green beans, sweet peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, broccoli, asparagus, squash, Lima beans, apples, blueberries, pears, bananas, peaches

Eats about a jar of food for lunch and dinner.

Takes 4 ounce thickened Nutramigen formula bottles every 4 to 5 hours.

Pulls up on EVERYTHING.

Crawls everywhere she wants but by doing her very own wounded soldier crawl.

Talks a lot, and kind of sings her words. They all run together (what can I say, she listens to Praise Baby all day everyday).

Still wears size 1 diapers.

Still wears 0-3 month clothes except for sleepers are 3-6 months.

Can now wear size 1 shoes.

Can take a few gulps out of a sippy cup.

Is now attached to her bunny blanket. She has to have it to sleep. She finds its ear and sticks it in her mouth to suck it.

Is great at "boom boom booming" her blocks together in her hands.

Loves her bath time.

Loves to swing.

Will stop screaming when you start counting 1-2-3-4-5 or start saying Patty Cake!

Brittyn:

Eats Mommy's homemade pureed baby food but is GREAT at spitting it on you or only taking a few bites.

Takes 4 ounce thickened prosobee formula bottles every 4 to 5 hours.

Crawls everywhere, can even push the cracked baby gate door open.

Pulls up on EVERYTHING!

Likes to explore and will even crawl into a dark room.

Talks some da, ma, na.

LOVES to spit a raspberry at you with her tongue.

Still wears size 1 diapers.

Still wears 0-3 month clothes except for sleepers.

Can now where size 1 shoes.

HATES a sippy cup, in fact throws a fit!

Loves to do patty cake.

Loves her bath time.

Likes to swing.

Is great at talking back with AHH, every time you tell her "no".

Definitely has her daddy's personality. She loves to pick at you (Lexyn) or cracks the best little mischievous, prankster grin!


Lexyn Faye




Brittyn spitting a raspberry at the camera. She does this ALL the time. She even likes to play it as a game with you. You do it then she does it. She is so funny.

SLEEPING:

Is there a such thing? Ha, we don't really have much better sleeping habits. They go down around 7:00 for the night, but they are still up several times. I have started this week shutting their door, and letting them cry it out. It is very ruff because I am not really sleeping since they are screaming but they have got to get out of the habit. But I have still gotten up every night around 2:30. Then they have been going back to sleep until 9:30 or so. That has helped me a little since they sleep later into the morning, but if we could cut out the 2:30 feeding and sleep through the night I would be one happy momma! I know, I am not sure that is possible with 2 babies but it is a good dream.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love this post. Your girls are so cute. I saw you make your own baby food! I think I am going to try that too!

Shannon C said...

Kristi, you are such a good Mommy! The girls are just so cute. You always have them dressed so nicely. I can just feel the love you have for them when I read your blog. I would love to learn more about making baby food. What foods, what containers you use, storage, etc.

zzyzxx said...

Kristi,

I love reading and seeing the pics every time you update! What a great way to see your life from miles away!

Your cus,Brenda

Sharlene said...

Happy ten months tiny little beauties! Mommy I promise they will eventually start slepeing through. Mine did right around a year. Those insane no sleeping days are a blur now. It sounds like your girls are doing very well. Great job momma!

We are the Smith Family said...

I KNOW!!!! Mine go to sleep at 8pm and awake at 7am on the dot...however I do rescue passies several times and Thomas requires the 2 am feeding....he still won't take the spoon.

Where did you get the girls ears pierced? I want to do Madelynn's but am so nervous about trusting someone....

Lindsey Kindy said...

hey. the tulips are starting to dry up, but there are still several spots where you can take good pictures, and some of those spots have flat stones to sit the girls on. im sure you could get some good pictures of those pretty babies. but if you want the tulips, you better get there soon! im not sure how much longer they will last!

10 months, holy cow, is that even possible?

Marva said...

They are so precious and growing up so quickly! You are a great ommy! Don't ever doubt yourself! Hugs & Blessings!