Sunday, July 12, 2009

What a difference...

a Year Makes!!!!!


Today, July 12th is one year since we brought our miracle babies home from the NICU.

Lexyn came home weighing 5 pounds exactly
Brittyn came home weighing 4 pounds and 13 ounces





A year later...
Lexyn weighs 15 pounds and 8 ounces
Brittyn weighs 15 pounds and 1 ounce



The girls have come a long way in their first year of life. They have gained 5 times their birth weight, outgrown apnea and bradycardia, outgrown dysphagia (swallow problems), and outgrown retinopathy stage 1. They are now crawling all over the place, taking steps, babbling up a storm, and sleeping 13 or more hours a night. There is never a dull moment in our house, but we can't remember life without them. It does get crazy and sometimes stressful, but we are loving life with our healthy twin girls.



Brittyn


July 12, 2008 ...................July 12, 2009




Brittyn left, Lexyn right - July 12, 2008



Lexyn left, Brittyn right - July 12, 2009




July 12, 2008
Daddy and Brinlee, our niece, feeding Brittyn a 2 ounce bottle


July 12, 2009
Daddy holding Brittyn while she feeds herself a 5 ounce bottle



July 12, 2009
Me holding Lexyn while she feeds herself a 5 ounce bottle.




I can't wait to see how much growing and what accomplishements they achieve this next year.

9 comments:

We are the Smith Family said...

Time goes by tooooo quickly doesn't it????? They are just gorgeous!!!!

zzyzxx said...

Thanks for sharing the comparison pics! How amazing and wonderful! They are so blessed to have a loving mother documenting all of this too!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for several months now.. it's amazing how much they have grown over the past year! You're truly blessed!

Jen said...

They are sooooo adorable.

Shannon C said...

Answered prayers!

Anonymous said...

They were as beautiful a year ago as they are today! If only we could slow things down a bit :(

Unknown said...

I have a sweet spot for twins, so I will do it for free. :)
Just send me up to 4 pictures and the name of your blog to:
Koxborough@yahoo.com
I will send you a sample for you to proof. :)

Kelly said...

Sorry, I didn't sign in under the right name on my post above.

Elizabeth said...

Love those pictures!!! I wish we could slow it all down. Love ya girl.

Your friend from TX