Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Poor Pitiful Lexyn

Today I took Lexyn to the doctor. After running high fever all weekend, she started having loose stools on Sunday. Yesterday it got so bad she probably had 15 - 20 bad diapers. Last night she even had blood in her diapers. The doctor is pretty sure she has Salmonella; he said all her symptoms lead to that diagnosis. He ran a test and we should know for sure on Friday. He said that in infants and toddlers they choose not to treat Salmonella with antibiotics. They like for it to run it's course. I was in such shock when he told me that's what she has, that I forgot to ask how long the course is. I will be checking on that tomorrow. I am not sure how much longer her or I can take this! Bless her heart she is sooooooo miserable!

We aren't real sure where she picked it up from but after doing research on-line their is a likely chance it came from a dogs rawhide bone. There are dogs everywhere she goes. We don't leave raw hides on the floor but there is a chance she picked one up somewhere. He said it wasn't contagious other than through her stool. So far Brittyn is showing no sign of having it.


And because I have to show of my cute little girlies in the Gap overall dresses from their Aunt Kelly, here are a few pictures taken yesterday. You can tell Lexyn is not feeling herself.





Lexyn

Brittyn


The girls reading with Gamma (my mom). The girls are really big into reading, especially Brittyn. She will get a book and bring it to you.



Brittyn reading a book.










8 comments:

Cori said...

Poor Lexyn! I will be praying that she gets to feeling better soon!

Also, I wish our kids would love to read...they love to look at the pictures but as far as actually letting us read it to them, they don't really care for it.

Love the overalls, btw!

Anonymous said...

They're just adorable! Hope Lexyn gets well soon... how scary! We have two dogs that love raw hides - I had no idea they were dangerous to kiddos. Good to know!

Elisabeth said...

Bless little Lexyn's heart (I absolutely LOVE they're names!) I will be praying for her. And praying Brittyn doesn't get it.

Marva said...

Bless your heart! John had c diff and was contagious to Mason for 4 1/2 months through any bodily fluids. He stooled 20 + diapers (spelly, bloody stools) daily for over 3 months. He was already so underweight and we fought it so hard! With the Lord's help we won! It was awful!

I hope that precious miracle feels better soon and I'll be praying! Keep us posted!

Blessings!!!

Shelli Robertson said...

Your girls are so pretty!! with Micah being five and half months old, I can't imagine having two of her. God definately gives you the strength to handle your situations.

We are the Smith Family said...

Oh my....I am always so scared of this. Particularly from the bottles being made near where I cook....I try to scour and clorox spray everything when dealing with meat. Bless her heart.....I pray the course goes quickly and you and she can find some rest and relief!!!! The overalls are adorable!!!

Kelly said...

I hope she feels better! Poor little Lexyn!
I hate not being able to help my kids, when they are sick.

Absolutely adorable dresses!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE when they wear those snap crotch babygrows, so easy to pop the snaps and get at their littlepussy, get as much pussyas I can before they get old enough to start telling, my ex did day home care I got to feel and lick so much youngpussy, being the good hubby I was I always offered to do nappy changes, bathing, pottytime anytime she needed help, loved them sitting on my lap with their blanky over them watching cartoons, my hand in the pull ups/knickers fingering thepussy, loved when they felt my hardcock push against them and they ground down on it I cuma few times in my undies, if she was overloade I would take a couple of them out for a walk, find a nice quiet woods and enjoy their little body's, give them something other than a soother to suck on