Monday, September 14, 2009

Goodbye Dr.Brown



It is very bittersweet that we say goodbye Dr. Brown!

We have officially kicked the "ba" out of our daily routine. We haven't had one in 48 hours. I was pretty sure I was going to cry but I never did. I feel like getting rid of the bottle is like the last major straw of having a baby in the house; now I have little toddlers I guess. If they had their choice they would still be babies, but our pediatrician said to be off the bottle by 18 months. The girls are 15 months but they were starting to get really attached, so I got busy and within a week of cutting back we are off of them. I started by only giving them a morning and before bedtime bottle. I did that for 3 days, on the 4th day they only got one morning bottle, and after that it disappeared. They seem to be doing ok, a little fussy at times that they normally would get a bottle, but nothing too bad. We normally would snuggle while they take their bottle, but we are trying to snuggle and drink a sippy cup.

4 comments:

The Williams' said...

Ugh! I cannot wait to get rid of ours! I hate those things with all my heart! See you in a little while!!

Elizabeth said...

I know it is hard as new things happen!!! Always something to look forward to though!

*Kc* said...

That's so crazy!! LOL, yes I graduated from the Grove :) I don't mind you following at all.

Kelly said...

Something is going on with Photobucket, e-mail me your login info again and I can fix it in the morning.