Monday, January 19, 2009

Sick babies

After battling runny noses, stuffy noses, coughing, sneezing, fever, congestion, major fussiness, and sleepless nights; I took the girls to the doctor today. Poor Lexyn has had a lot of these symptoms since 2 weekends ago. She started to improve and is now starting it again. Brittyn came down with all of the symptoms this past Friday. Ben and I went out to the Brad Paisley concert and had a great time getting out TOGETHER!!!! When we got home and Brittyn woke up, she was screaming. She was so stuffy she couldn't breathe through her nose and she was panicking. That started our sleepless nights. Sunday she started having a runny nose and coughing. Sunday night we attempted sleeping in the recliner because every time I would lay her down she would scream and cry. We didn't get much sleep in the recliner either because she made me sit up and rock and hum music in her ear for her to stop fussing. Today we went in to the doctor. He said Lexyn is on the up side of this cold. He said her lungs sounded great and her ears were clear. He looked in Brittyn's ears and said she had double ear infections. Bless her heart. I figured she had at least one ear infected because she wouldn't lay down, and she wouldn't suck much of her bottle. She looks so pitiful with red puffy eyes, faucet running nose, and red cheeks from running fever. We did start her on antibiotics today, and got some numbing ear drops. As of now, she has been in her bed for the night, asleep, laying down for 3 hours. That is the most she has layed down and slept in 48 hours. Thank goodness for numbing ear drops.




Oh yeah, Lexyn weighed 12 pounds 5 ounces and Brittyn weighed 12 pounds 10 ounces. Since we saw a different doctor than our regular pediatrician they didn't strip the girls down naked to weigh them so their weights are exactly accurate but they are gaining pretty good since starting baby food. Might I add we are still fighting them to open their mouth and to swallow the food, but they are getting some down!

We are still hibernating at our house or at grandparents houses. We aren't real sure how or where this cold got into our home but we do have therapists come 3 days a week.



Please continue to pray for Scott, Kelly and Harper Stamps. Harper has been making a few small steps in the right direction, but she isn't out of the woods yet. I may have some sick babies, but they are overall healthy babies. Thank God. But my heart is breaking for the families that have very critically sick babies. Babies whose, mommy's haven't held them yet, whose mommy's can't talk to them so that they can stay put under to try and heal. Please remember the babies and their parents in your prayers.

Check out these blogs for updates:
http://www.jennasjourneyblog.blogspot.com/
http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/
http://www.treverjennaeva.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Hudson Family said...

Hopefully you guys will get some sleep. Hope you liked the care package, I don't know what was all in it, we didn't get to contribute but if you need anything let me know and I can run it to your house. Thanks for dinner yesterday! it was great!

Anonymous said...

I had therapists coming to my house for a little boy I was keeping. I would ask if they clean their toys afterwards bc I NEVER saw them clean their toys!! I know they use germx on them, but they should be cleaning their stuff between kids. If not, when they get there I would hand them a bottle of lysol!!!