Today we met some friends from Clinton at the Shaefers and Collins Pumpkin Patch in Mayflower. It was a lot of fun, and nice to be able to hang out with old friends that have moved away. It was my first time to go to a pumpkin patch so it was a new experience for all of us. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was pretty and fun.... except for the fact that I had to limp around all day. Last night we took the girls to their Halloween festival at their therapy clinic. They enjoyed it because they knew the atmosphere, and saw their therapists but going into the festival I slipped off a step and rolled my foot. I was able to get up and walk it off long enough to be there but after I sat on the way home I could barely walk. My foot was swollen and purple immediately. We weren't sure if I sprained it real bad or broke some of the bones in my foot, but I just kept it elevated and on ice all night. It was pretty sore this morning but I was determined to hobble around long enough to go to the pumpkin patch no matter how many people told me I was crazy. The weather here was beautiful, 60 degrees with mild winds and my husband had finally decided to skip hunting this Saturday so that we could enjoy some family fun, I HAD to go!
We rode a hayride pulled by a tractor out to pick our own pumpkins. Then the girls enjoyed playing on the many playgrounds they had for kids, and seeing the animals. Lexyn still wasn't too sure about the animals but she didn't scream and cry like she has in the past. Hopefully she is starting to get use to them. The girls had so much fun they fell asleep on the way home within 5 minutes of leaving.
I think we will make this a fall family tradition.
Enjoy the million pictures I took today.

4 comments:
Such cute pictures! Looks like you guys had lots of fun! Im so sorry about your foot though. I know that is not much fun chasing after toddlers!
Looks like fun had by all! Cute pictures!
Oh i'm jealous! I wanted to go to that one, but it was just to far for last Sat. The girls were already sleepy.
Love the pics of both your girls sittin gon the pumpkins and asleep opposite ways =)
Wow...what a full day! I love the pic of them riding the pumpkins! I need to follow your lead and take more pics of Shannon and I with the angels!!! LOVE IT! They are just adorable!!!!
Post a Comment