I woke up to lots of giggling and talking over the monitor last Wednesday. I walked in to the girls room and found that Lexyn had ripped a hole in the side of her tent, climbed out, and then climbed into Brittyn's bed. They were having a great time "tic-tic-ticing" each other. So, when I layed the girls down for their nap, I told Lexyn to stay in her bed. I walked in their room just a few minutes after laying them down and found that Lexyn was in her bed but Brittyn was climbing into Lexyn's. Thanks Lex for making Brittyn aware that she could climb out of her crib! I finally came to the realization that this wasn't going to be easy but that I should transition their beds and begin teaching them to stay in their big girl beds!
Wednesday when we layed the girls down for the night, we talked up the fact that they were sleeping in big girl beds. The first few nights and nap times were awesome, resulting in maybe one or two spankings total for getting out of their beds. At that point I couldn't believe I had waited so long to transition them, this was obviously going to be easier than expected. Well, I guess the new funness had worn off because tonight it took an hour of spanking and putting Brittyn back in bed before she finally gave it up. Hopefully tonight was just a bad night and not the beginning to a new habit.


It makes me sad to think that we just made the final transition from babies to big girls; no more diapers, bottles, or cribs. But we are enjoying this big girl stage too, minus all the 2 year old fits!



5 comments:
what big girls! cory and i were just talking about this last night...trying to figure out when we want to do all of this!!!
Wow! That is a huge transition but it's fun to hear that they have so much fun together and love each other so much! Hope tonight goes smoother for you.
oh girl! I can't believe they are in BIG girl cribs! How fun though!
WOW! I was hoping we could keep our girls in cribs until kindergarten, but maybe I'm wrong! I'm glad it's going ok so far!
Wow! Sorry you had to move them over! I am dreading that big time. But at least they can get up and go potty when they need to right? And their beds look so cute!
Post a Comment