Tuesday, June 1, 2010

On Your 2nd Birthday....

Lexyn and Brittyn,

Is today really your 2nd birthday? Has 2 years really gone by? I can't believe it, time is going way to fast!

I have been thinking about the day my water broke with you Lexyn. It was quite early, 11 weeks to be exact. I was very shocked, and not really sure what to do except panic. We quickly packed our bags, well, daddy and I packed my bag. Daddy was so caught up in the panic and excitement that he failed to pack himself anything. Then we headed towards the hospital. I remember taking several different drugs to help stop labor, but you were just as strong willed then as you are now; you were ready to make your entrance.

It was a long rough 6 weeks that we traveled back and forth to the hospital daily. But when the day came to bring you both home together, we were overjoyed. We had waited several years to become a family instead of just a couple and to bring our baby into our home. Little did we know that God had plans for us to bring 2 babies home at once. But we wouldn't change that for anything now.

It has been a blast raising you both together at the same time. It has also been hard. Over the past 2 years I have learned several things from the two of you. I have learned to enjoy every minute of life because once that minute is gone you can't get it back. I have learned that some things just have to wait. I have to prioritise and if it isn't top priority or all about you I have learned to put it off. You are only little once and I want to enjoy your every stages of life. I have learned, and am learning, that an OCD clean house won't always work with toddlers. I have learned that it is ok for Barney to take over my TV! I have learned when my patience wears out to dig deeper and find more, to take another deep breath and then sit in the floor because your hugs and kisses will give me the extra boost that I need. There is nothing like your sweet little arms wrapping around my neck and squeezing big. I learned to enjoy my alone time. I learned that potty training can be done in 3 days even with multiples, but I also learned that it was the hardest parenting thing I have had to do. And, I learned that being called "mommy" is one of the best things in the world!

You both also learned lots this past year and hit many big milestones from beginning to walk, to talking, to saying sentences and phrases. You gave up the bottle, and drink from a sippy cup to drinking from a straw to now drinking water from a non covered cup; and you are doing very well at it I might add. You have learned how to hold a spoon and feed yourself although that still brings quite a mess. You can hold a crayon and color pictures. You can make all the animal noises. You can climb out of your crib; onto a chair; onto a table; onto a filing cabinet; onto a counter; up in your tree house. You wear big girl panties and go potty in a big girl potty. You learned that when you can't see sissy, to ask "where's sissy?" And you learned that with twins all things come in "Two's"!!!

Over the past year you got to visit several new places. You saw the white sandy beaches of Florida, and had a blast running and digging in it. You rode on your first plane ride. It was quite an adventure to say the least but we survived. You met some of your distant cousins and spent the night in Great Grandma Beggs home. You also spent your first night away from mommy and daddy. I think you both did better than we did!

I am wiping away tears as I walk down memory lane. But the tears are tears of joy and greatfulness because God has given me the best 2 years of my life. I am thankful he chose your daddy and me to be your parents. I pray daily for you, and for the guidance to raise you in HIS name. I want you both to grow up loving God and living for him!

Today, on your 2nd birthday, I want you to know that you have beyond blessed me already. I can't wait to see what God has in store of us as a family and for you as my 2 year old daughters this next year.

Happy Birthday Lexyn and Brittyn!
I love you!

7 comments:

Hayley said...

And I'm wiping aways the tears just reading this post!!! Happy 2nd Birthday L&B!!!

amy said...

Kristi!! I'm bawling reading this! So sweet. Happy happy 2nd birthday, Lexyn and Brittyn. You bring so much joy to your mama and daddy and to US who get to hear all about how far you've come. God is so good! Have a wonderful day, girlies!

Elizabeth said...

SNIFF! SNIFF! LOVE THIS POST!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! God is so good and we all hope you have a wonderful birthday and can't wait to celebrate with you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Lexyn and Brittyn!

What a sweet post! They are such blessings and I have really enjoyed watching them grow up!

Callie Heathscott said...

this is so sweet! I cried reading this!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday girls. Great post Kristi!

Kelly said...

Ok so this was the post that your mom was talking about tonight. It did make me cry. Larry and I love those two just like they are our own. We would do anything for you guys!!!
Love You!!!!