Tuesday, August 24, 2010

OB Appointment

Yesterday was a good day because we got to see our sweet miracle baby on ultrasound. As soon as the doctor picked up the baby he/she was looking straight at us. It always gives me a neat feeling when I see a sonogram of the growing miracle God has placed inside of me. However the first thing the doctor realized is that the baby was too small to be 15 weeks. He did a quick head measurement and it measured 13 weeks and 4 days, so after showing us that the heart was beating he said we are going to postpone the ultrasound for 3 more weeks. At that time he will measure the baby and check for everything to be growing good; then hopefully the baby will cooperate and we can find out the sex.


I know that 13 weeks and 4 days isn't correct but really we will never get an exact because the baby could be measuring bigger or smaller than should be. 13 weeks and 4 days goes back to May 21st, and that is the day we started the 3-day Potty Training with the girls, and I know for a fact I wasn't on my period. I am pretty sure it was at least 1 week before possibly almost 2. But on September 13th when we go for our next ultrasound, we know the baby will be at least 16 weeks so we should be good to go!

The doctor said he is giving me an estimated due date of February 26. But he said he will confirm that up after doing all the measurements on the next ultrasound. Plus I will be a scheduled c-section so I am guessing mid February.

3 comments:

Shelli Robertson said...

I am still so excited for you guys! That is great that everything is looking good. Micah's due date was Feb. 28th but she ended up coming on feb. 13th. I can't wait to find out what you guys are having! Have a great week.

We are the Smith Family said...

Oh...I can't wait to follow every step with you!!! How exciting!!!

hannah said...

So excited for you!