Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today was my first real Mother's Day. Although it could have been a little better, it wasn't bad.

Daddy was starting to get sick on Friday and yesterday he was pretty bad. Today when we woke up he sounded and looked horrible. In fact my husband who hates to go to the doctor and is really never sick, will be going to the doctor tomorrow. So you know he has to be sick! It was pouring down rain, and has been for about a week straight. Several houses in my neighborhood have flooded this week and the pond behind our house is up to our property fence line. It has been nasty weather. My girls have had runny/stuffy noses for about 2 weeks and a nasty cough and lots of ear pulling so when I saw the flooding rain outside I decided to stay home from church. There was no way I could get 2 babies inside church by myself without getting soaked. And they didn't need to get wet and cold. We did all end up sleeping until 11:00 and that was nice. When we got up Ben did fix me breakfast food for lunch but the girls were screaming the whole time. After we ate they went down for a nap and so did daddy. I ended up getting the girls out this evening and going to eat at Applebee's with my parents. They acted a lot better tonight than this morning.

Ben got me a sweet First Mother's Day card, and the twin Willow Tree Figurines which I collect. We are also going to pick out a back porch swing later this week when he is feeling better and the rain stops. So it wasn't a bad day at all but if everyone would have been feeling better it would have been great!





Me and my girls. These pictures were taken after we got home at 8:30 tonight and we had been out in the rain. So don't pay attention to all of our messed up hair and falling out bows! Brittyn is on the left and Lexyn on the right.





Lexyn and me




Brittyn and me




They were a lot happier this evening, but I am pretty sure we are going to the doctor tomorrow. Two weeks of wondering if we have ear infections is long enough.


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

6 comments:

Marva said...

Get well wishes to all and keep us posted. Glad you had a good day and Happy Mother's Day! Blessings!

Marva said...

Oh, cute new look too! Blessings!

Rebekah said...

Hey Kristi! Your girls are precious! I love all the girlie outfits and bows!!! Isn't being a mom wonderful?!

I have to admit that baby sling thing is nothing special. I think I got it at Target when Hudson was born 3 years ago. I don't use it all that often, but it gets the job done! Good luck finding one!

Good to touch base with you! Now that I have your blogsite, I can keep up!

~Rebekah

Bonnie said...

You all look so cute! I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day!

We are the Smith Family said...

Bless you....what a weekend!!! You look beautifull with your girls!!! Happy Mother's Day!!

Shannon C said...

I collect Willow Tree, too! I also received a porch swing for Mother's day a few years ago. Everytime I sit in it, I think about how blessed I am to be a mother! You and the girls look great. Hope Hubby is feeling better.