Thursday, May 28, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday




This week is children's rooms and nurseries.
I am so excited because because my daughters room is the cutes decorated room in my house. I had dreamed of having a baby for a long time. While we went through infertility treatments I was planning out lots of different ideas for that baby nursery that I longed for. When we found out that we were having twins I knew immediately I wanted the room to be pink and brown if it was a girl and my husband said he wanted green and brown for a boy. We had planned on the babies sharing a room even if we had a boy and a girl, so I knew I could tie together pink and brown and green and brown. The day we found out we were having twin girls I was a little sad that I wouldn't be able to use my plan of tying together pink, brown, and green. My mom and I went to the fabric store and picked out fabric that was coordinating with pink and brown and then green and brown. So I was able to carry out my idea of using pink, brown and green. I LOVE how it turned out. Yes, my mom and I made everything, from the bumper pad, sheets, quilt, curtain and the covered squares on the wall.

This is the view from the doorway. My husband and I bought the 2 beds, and the 2 dressers from Baby Depot in Little Rock, Arkansas. We bought them before we knew what we were having because I knew I could make them work for either sex. They are the conversion beds that can be made into a toddler bed, and then a head and foot board for a full size mattress. Because we were having twins and bought 2 of both they offered a twins discount on top of a coupon that I had, so we got both beds and both dressers for $980. We were so excited about or huge bargain.



This is Lexyn's bed, notice her name in the bottom green square of the quilt. I love their bedding.

This is Brittyn's bed. Their quilts are the same except the colors are pink and brown on Brittyn's and green and brown on Lexyn's. But both bumper pads are the exact same.

My mom made the valance. It is out of the same material that was used in the girls quilts and the bumper pads. It has squares that start out brown then fade into green and then pink. It was the main material I chose to tie the 3 colors together.



This is one of the dressers that we put a changing pad on top. The squares on the wall are Styrofoam covered with the same materials that we used in the bedding. I had the idea of painting the wavy chocolate brown line in the center. I love it being different.

This is the other dresser by the closet. I don't really have their clothes separated into each others dresser. I just have diapers and socks and pajamas in one dresser and then blankets and onsies and pants in the other.


The dresses in the shadow boxes are Stasburg Baby doll dresses that my mom bought the girls while they were still in the NICU. I wanted to display them along with a picture of the girls wearing them in the center.

This was taken July 13, 2008. The girls were wearing the dresses for their first time to church which was the day after we brought them home for the NICU. They were 6 weeks old in this picture and weighed a little less than 5 pounds. Wow, they have sure grown! Brittyn is on the left and Lexyn on the right.



This carousel was my husband's Meme's. She passed away a month before we finally got pregnant. She would be so happy that the girls have this in their room.



This picture of the girls closet was actually taken several months ago. Since then, we have gotten the Bumbo chairs down and now outgrown them!
Thanks for stopping by to see my favorite room in our house. We put lots of work into it, but had fun doing it. Be sure to go over to Kelly's blog and check out everyone else that participated. Click here to be linked.



13 comments:

Southern Fried Gal said...

Hello! Love to find other AR gals out here. Great nursery - love the cordinating fabrics!

Marva said...

So, so cute!!!! Love the colors and the shadow boxes are great! Blessings!!!

Caroline said...

Beautiful! I love the carousel.

Heather said...

I love their room!! It is so cute, you did a great job. I love the colors that you used! Your babies are beautiful!!

alexis said...

I love it!! We have a STitch and B*t*h group here in Tull two Thursdays a month if you would like to come and work on some projects and enjoy some girl time!!

Elizabeth said...

LOVE IT!!! So cute!

The Baby Cove said...

Twin rooms are just too fun! I love the little dresses on the wall!

Brenda said...

I adore the framed dresses & horse! How wonderful that the horse is a family heirloom!

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

love the framed dresses. my mom framed mine and my twin sister's first outfits too =]

Blessed Beyond said...

I love the girls room! It is really great! And I do love how it is different! You did a great job! The girls are just too precious!
Hugs and Blessings,

We are the Smith Family said...

How beautiful.....I LOVE IT!!!!

Tara G. said...

PRECIOUS! I like the curvy line- how fun! But my favorite are the dresses and the photo in the middle. You know you'd better find another frame and have a copy of that photo for one of the twins when she leaves home!

Courtney said...

Love the room. The squares on the wall are great!