Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ohio Trip - Part 1

Last week on Thursday, November 19th, the girls and I, along with Gamma, took a trip to Columbus, Ohio for my grandma's 80th birthday party. It was quite an adventure; because we flew to Columbus. My girls have never been on an airplane before so we were a little anxious to see how it would turn out. Let me just say 2 things: thank goodness their ticket was free, and NEVER fly with two busy 17 month olds!!!! It was not the best experience. The airplanes were tiny. They were tiny for an adult alone, not to mention having a toddler sit in your lap the whole time. The first flight was 2 hours travel time, and it put our patience to a real test. The second flight was about 45 minutes travel time. The girls had some time of good, but for the most part they were pitching fits and crying. There wasn't room to let them up and walk the isle, and there wasn't room to dig toys out to play with. It was miserable for all. I felt sorry for the girls because they didn't understand why they couldn't get up, and I felt sorry for the people sitting around us, and really everyone on the plane! It didn't help that on the first flight my mom and Lexyn got sat by a young scrooge. He huffed and puffed at every noise the girls made, every time his chair got touched, and when Brittyn accidentally touched his head. If looks could kill, we would have been dead for sure! Due to safety reasons, 2 lap sitters are not allowed on the same row. Therefore, my mom and I weren't able to sit together which made it a little harder.

Once we got to our destination the girls were almost perfect angels. We were there for 4 days, and we packed lots of visiting into those days. The girls weren't really on their schedule, they would just nap here and there, and when we had time; and they never went to bed before 9:00. With all the new people, the different toys and places to discover there was hardly any fussing. They did great, and were enjoyed by everyone. They met some of my relatives that I haven't seen in over 10 years. It was nice to see everyone again.



Aunt Sharon playing with Lexyn.



The girls found a new favorite toy, mommy's water bottle.





Brittyn talking to grandma.

Grandma had a fish tank in her living room, and the girls loved watching it and asking "whats-tat?"

At the party on Saturday we took family pictures with Grandma, here is all that was able to make it from my family.

This is my mom's brother, Steve's family.
This is my Aunt Sharon's family.

This is my aunt Marsha's family.


Not the best picture, but the only picture of me with my girls at the party!


This is my Uncle Jim holding Brittyn, it is very rare to see him smiling at a camera.

My cousin Brenda holding Lexyn.

Brittyn

Lexyn





The girls playing together outside at the party.


Brittyn drawing with my cousin Amy. I hadn't seen her since she was 2 years old.


My aunt Diane trying to keep the girls happy.


This is the last smiling picture before we flew home. Poor babies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a neat trip! I'm going to take your advice and avoid the planes for awhile! It's good to know about the number of lap-sitters in a row rule... I had no idea.

Shannon C said...

Oh, the airplane stories I could tell you!! You did it! I love the girls' outfit with the stripe hoodies, skirt and boots!