Thursday, November 26, 2009

THANKSGIVING

Today I realized that Thanksgiving dinner isn't near as good as it use to be. I love turkey; and I am a big fan of sweet potato casserole and green bean bundles. I use to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal twice, and come away from the table each time stuffed. But today I found that having toddlers and being away from home and off of our schedule all day really changes things! I didn't stuff myself at either meal. In fact, I kind of inhaled my plate of food quickly and didn't return for seconds, because my girls haven't quite learned the tradition of sitting at the table and enjoying a good large meal while visiting with family and friends.
But even through all the kaos and noise that my girls caused I was able to think of how blessed I am.

My God has done a lot for my family, and for that I am thankful.




I am extremely THANKFUL for these girls that kept me from eating a lot of food today; that made a lot of unpleasant noise; and that ran to me with open arms to give me a kiss and an "awe" (hug); that say "mom-ma" and "uvvvv u"; and that look at me with a big smile right at the moment that I am ready to loose my patience.

I am THANKFUL for the many nights for several years that I cried as we were trying to conceive, because that helped me develop a tighter bond with my husband. And for the tears that now often fill my eyes as I think of how great my job is, because there are lots of women in this world longing for my job as a mother.

I am THANKFUL for the fussing, fits, screaming, and kaos because in the same hour there are smiles, laughter, hugs, and kisses.

I am THANKFUL for the long hard hours of work my husband crams into one day, that leaves me home alone with no adult conversation and no me time; because it puts a roof over my head, food on my table, and a running vehicle in my garage.

I am THANKFUL for my sweet husband who is a hard worker, a deer hunter, a fisherman, a duck hunter, a good cook, a story stretcher, a joke player, and a great dad; because he is follower of Christ that leads our family and loves us dearly.


And I am most THANKFUL for my God that guides and protects us, and made all the above possible and most importantly promises an everlasting life!

I am also THANKFUL for my awesome mother that is a great seamstress, who sewed the cutest Thanksgiving dress for my girls!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a sweet post! You have lots to be thankful of! Those dresses are super cute! Sorry you didn't get to enjoy your food as much! I am sure that will be us next year!

zzyzxx said...

Love the jumpers. I have decided....if I have a girl (down the road), I want the clothes that you and your mom made for my girl if possible!!!! That...or I'll have you remake stuff...super cute!