On Christmas Eve I turned 26. My husband did a great job at making it a special day for me. He brought my gift to me in bed because he was so excited for me to open it. He got me Ed Hardy perfume. I love it. We then joined my mom, sister and her fiance for lunch at my mom's house. The weather was NASTY. There was flooding everywhere and a lot of the roads including part of the interstate were closed. It took my sister's fiance almost 2 hours to get to my mom's house when it normally is only a 20 minute drive. Because of the weather we were limited as to what we could do, so we just hung out with family all day. Ben brought this wonderful cake to me at lunch. If you live locally, Harp's Grocery store makes the BEST cakes. I am not a fan of store bakery cakes, but this one even beats several cakery's around here. We ordered one this past summer for the the girl's first birthday party and it was awesome, so I was sure to remind Ben about that! It was marble cake with whipped icing. The icing is so smooth and fluffy and not too sweet; it tasted like Bavarian cream. Ummm makes me want another one just talking about it! Shortly after eating lunch, we visited my in-laws. They we so kind to play with the girls while Ben and I caught a 30 minute cat nap. It was great day spent with family; not really any other way I would want it.

My sweet Brittyn enjoyed the chocolate icing too
1 comment:
Yummy! (And it has my name on it! LOL!) Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment