Monday, December 28, 2009

Our Final Christmas Destination

Our final stop for the day was at my grandparents with my entire family. We left Ben's grandparents at 2:30 for what we thought was an hour and a half drive but quickly found out it would be a 2 and a half hours. The interstate was still flooded from all the rain and was closed, so we had to drive the long way around it. It did actually give the girls a chance to get good nap. Once we all got there we let the kids open a few gifts to entertain them for the evening. We ate another good meal with ham, turkey and all the fixings; and the girls even pigged out. Before we left we bathed all 3 girls in my grandparents big jacuzzi tub. My sister and I use to take baths in that same tub when we were younger and would have the best time adding bubbles and letting the jacuzzi jets blow them up huge. I was excited for my girls to get in on some of my childhood fun. The girls fell asleep again on the way home. But once we got home at 10:30 they had a cat nap and were ready to play. The fun of new toys lasted for an hour until we put them down and called it a day at 11:30. We had an extremely long busy holiday, but it was still fun. We also made many memories to add for the girls 2nd Christmas. I hope everyone else had a great Christmas as well.











The girls had a blast playing in the boxes and all the wrapping paper.












Brinlee and Brittyn riding the rocking horses.


My sweet niece

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You all really were busy busy! I'm sure your families loved being able to spend some time with the girls! Sounds like they were troopers with all the traveling! Love the rocking horses!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristi, I just found your blog and wanted to tell you that your girls are precious and gorgeous! Sweet little miracles. I went back to their 15 months and 18 months appt and it's so interesting to see that your girls were the same weight as my boys! I think that you are doing great, no matter what the ped said because my boys, although slightly taller (slightly) are the same weight. And my hubby is tall, the shortest person there is his Mom and she's 5"8--although my side is shorter...We just asked our ped if we needed to check out things more deeply but he said not to and that they will just get a spurt later on...I agree with you on not feeding them butter- totally agree..I can see maybe olive oil but not butter! I just started to get Boost and mix it with their milk for added calories...anyways, just wanted to say hi and you know, your girls are really not that small if my 36-weeker boys have the same stats!

Happy New Year to you and your family! Esther