Monday, May 24, 2010

Bye Bye diapers





As Lexyn says, "bye bye diapers....big girl panties."


On Friday May 21st we threw away our diapers and began the dreaded process of potty training! I followed Suz's advice and tried the 3 Day Potty Training Method. It was very rough and stressful the first day. I kept wiping away my tears as I wondered if I had started something way too early. But by the second day we had already cut our accidents in half. And then on the 3rd day we only had 2 accidents total. We aren't completely done with the training because we still have an accident here and there but today is day 4 and we have only had 1 accident. We do, however, wear Pull-ups at night time. I tried to follow the books directions on training at night but we changed the sheets several times the first night; and every time we woke the girls up to go potty they sat there and cried to go back to bed. So for now, we are just slowly working on night time by eliminating liquids an hour and a half before bedtime until we can wake up dry. Besides the girls still sleep in cribs so they can't really get out of bed to go potty without help.


Considering the girls don't turn 2 years old until June 2nd, and they are already wearing dry panties all day, I think we are doing GREAT! It was a little bittersweet to say "bye bye diapers" but it will be nice to save that money, and have that dreaded process behind us.




We also followed Suz's idea by putting down a tarp in the playroom. Thank goodness we did, it was a carpet saver for sure!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I will definitely be asking you for advice in a year! Way to go, Lexyn and Brittyn! You're growing up very quickly!

Lindsey Kindy said...

Wow! Good for you and Good for the girlies! That is great! Congrats. You will love not having to buy diapers all the time! They are getting so big!!

Holly said...

That is SO exciting!!! I think mom should get a prize for all that money you'll be saving. ;) Good job girls!

Hayley said...

WOOHOO...how exciting! I'm not looking forward to the process either, but I can't wait to stop buying diapers! Just think of how much money you are going to save now!!! CONGRATS!!!

Kristyn said...

Congrats! My girls just turned two and I think it is time we try again...I'm not looking forward to it, but hopefully we have as much luck as Lexyn and Brittyn! Way to go girls!

Kerry Lynn said...

Good for you! My kiddos are over three and we're still working on it. Although I never did any kind of "training" so I suppose it's my fault.

Anonymous said...

sooooooooooooooo much easier to get at the pu--y when they wear panties and the soft cotton feels really good on my hand when I finger the pu--y too, if the wife wasn't home I use to take my daughters off, have them watch me lick the crotch then sit them nkd on the floor and watch me jerk off into their knickers, put them back on her and have my c-m rubbing her pu--y all day