Wednesday, February 3, 2010

20 Months

Oh My Goodness! 20 Months, for real!
I can't believe it, and when I start thinking deep about it, I find myself panicking. What if I don't have any more kids? What if I don't get to rock and cuddle with another baby of my own? Where are my babies? Who let them get this big, and why so fast?

This past 20 months has gone so fast, like a whirlwind. Please, someone invent a pause button for life. We are at such a fun cute stage, but also a trying mess stage. There are nights that I put my angels to bed, and think 7:00 couldn't have come soon enough. Why do they have to be so rotten, and pitch some many fits. And then in that same few moments of replaying my day in my head, I get upset with myself for wanting a break. I know it is life, and there are good and bad parenting days just like everything else. But we waited so long to become parents that I hate to think I didn't enjoy a day with my girls from start to finish, every minute. Then there are those days, which is majority, that I sent in the floor and soak up every little word they are trying to say, every little giggle they let out, every hug they bring to me. I admire those looks they give when you can tell the wheels are turning inside as they try to comprehend what you just said to them. They are learning so much, and I am so blessed to be able to be the one teaching them. I find myself with tears flowing quite often just because someone cracked the cutest smile at the right minute, or said "Momma" at the perfect time. My life was forever changed 20 months ago because I was given a new job; a job with no sick days, no vacation days, very poor income, and VERY rewarding. I am loving my life. I am loving this mommy stuff!





So when is it that you quit saying their age in months, and just say the year? I think 1 year old sounds a lot better than 20 months. That makes you think almost 2 year old, and I don't want to think about that!






"Hey Brittyn, where is you belly button?"



"Here."


They can say so many words, repeat almost everything you ask them to.
Climb in and out of their crib.
Wear size 3 diaper starting today!
Wear 12 months clothes
Wear size 4 shoes
loves to read
likes to color
has to feed them self
are very picky eaters
drinks only vanilla PediaSure and water
Still weigh under 20 pounds
Loves to watch Barney
Gives hugs (awws)
Gives kisses
Play really well together, and don't like to be separate
Knows their facial body parts
Can put the shapes in the shape sorter without any guidance
Can point out specific people -(daddy, sissy, Gamma, Papa, Nana, Papaw, Brinlee, Chelsey, and sometimes mommy)
Says No for yes, and No for No
Goes to bed at 7 and wakes up at 8 for a cup then back to sleep until around 10 or even later
Goes to speech, occupational, and developmental therapy 3 days a week

4 comments:

The Williams' said...

If the girls are almost 2, that means I'm almost 26! I am so excited to be sharing my birthday every year with such precious little girls. I miss y'all so much! Lets do a play day again very soon!

Kristyn said...

Your girls are adorable! I completely understand your 'what if I never have any more children' thoughts. My girls were born may 15, 2009 and two is fast approaching. I'm not sure what the future holds for us, but best of luck to you and your sweet girlies!

Anonymous said...

if I ask her where her pu--y is will she show me?

Anonymous said...

my niece does, I show her mycock and she shows me herpussy then we touch each others