Monday, February 8, 2010

Baby Blog Swap Package

Kelly at Three Kids, a mini-van, and lots of love hosted a Baby Blog Swap a few weeks ago. I thought it sounded like fun so I signed up to participate. We were to put together a box for the baby and mother that we were paired up with full of neat fun things that we thought our partner would like. The items had to equal a total of $30 before shipping cost, and the package was to be mailed by February 1st.

I was paired up with Mariah of One ADornable Family. She has a precious 9 month old baby boy. It was neat being paired up with a blog I have never read. After catching up on her blog, I realized we had something really special in common; not only had we both dealt with infertility but we also finally conceived on our first try of IVF. Announcing that I got pregnant with twins due to IVF isn't something that I just go about doing, but when you meet someone that has also been blessed through the same procedure, things change.


Today we received our package. It was exciting to see the reactions on my girls faces when I set the opened box on the floor for them to dig into. They had some much fun pulling each item out and babbling to each other about it. I love watching the bond of twins first hand! We got a box full of great fun things, and it all happened to be stuff that is new to us, things we didn't have. It was kind of funny because she mailed my girls a TinyDiner placemat and I mailed one for her son. Great minds think alike, but I hadn't actually spent the extra money and bought my girls one so we still needed it.





They got a donut and teabag set to play with their kitchen stuff. They love to carry around play plates and cups, and pretend cooking in their pots and pans.



Mariah had a fun idea of wrapping one of their items. They had a blast tearing open the gift just like it was Christmas.



Lexyn was a little irritated until she got the first tear started.



They both got a crayon roll. It holds 4 crayons each and rolls up into a little pouch. It is perfect for the diaper bag, and since we have just started playing with crayons they immediately pulled them out and began coloring.



Here is all their fun new things. They got a little strawberry hair clip, the donut and teabag set, the crayon rolls, the TinyDiner placemats, some sidewalk paint, and molding foam. We are excited to get to use it all.



Their cute little crayon rolls



This is their fun donut and teabag set. It is all cloth sewn together.



This is the sidewalk paint. Of course we couldn't try it out today with all the snow and rain we got, but come spring time we will have a blast painting on the driveway.



Lexyn quickly realized she can now carry her tea cup with her new teabag in it.



She also had fun putting her donut on her plastic plate and pretending to eat it.


Thanks so much Mariah. We like all our new stuff.
And thanks to Kelly for hosting such a fun neat blog swap.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Hi...saw your Feature on the MoMs blog. I think your girls are so cute!!! We totally understand the discipline issue...each night we have several Bible Verses (literally painted on their wall) and one is Like 6:31 "Do to other as you would have them to do you". We discuss that hand are for loving, arms are for hugging, teeth are for food...etc. We too, believe in spanking, but you are right what "not quite 2" is fully understanding. We also try to referee, and stop anything before it happens. Please let me know if you come up with any other ideas...
It is nice to meet you. I am going to follow you, if that is okay!

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea! Your girls are really starting to look "grown-up" :)

twinkietotmom said...

Stopping by from Multiples & More...love the blog swap idea! Sounds like lots of fun! Your girls are adorable!

Marva said...

Hi Kristi! I just left you an award. Blessings!!!

Jen said...

I love those placemats...SUCH a good idea, especially when out in a restaurant :-)
I left you a huge message at Multiples and More too...so excited to see you there!!!