Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Problem Solved

The crib climbers are now "STUCK" as Brittyn would say!

My mother in-law ordered us the best gift imaginable, crib tents. We have been struggling for almost 3 months with the girls climbing out of their cribs and not going to sleep. They aren't ready for toddler cribs because they are immature and not comprehending when we say "stay in your bed or you get a spanking".

I have done lots of research on crib tents, and the most common one, Tots in Mind, wouldn't work with our cribs due to the back and sides not being straight across. Finally, I came across this site, and it is made to fit any crib. I read all the reviews and there weren't really any bad comments, so I knew this is what I wanted/needed. The problem was the money. They are $77 a piece and that was just a lot to spend on crib tents in my opinion. But my mother in-law thought the outcome would out weigh the price. And after one night, it does!
There was 3 minutes of fussing on and off from Lexyn when we first put the girls to bed, but then they laid down and went to sleep. We didn't have to stand there saying lay down for 45 minutes to an hour before they finally fell asleep, and there was no night escaping or 6:30 morning escaping. The girls even slept until 8:30 this morning! If I had known the results would be so GREAT, I would have invested in these crib tents 3 months ago! What a peaceful night my husband and I had!













6 comments:

amy said...

AMAZING! Not only are the purposeful, but adorable too! SO happy you got those! I'll keep them in mind... I don'thave brave climbers YET... I'm sure it's coming soon though.

Hudson Family said...

Wow that was so nice of her. Glad they worked out for you guys. Did you ever find the dress you wanted for the girls for Easter? We are going Wed, Thurs, or Friday of next week.

Holli Davis said...

What a good idea.... :) And they are so "Girlie" :) I love their names above their beds.... they are so beautiful!

Marva said...

Yay! Glad you found something to work! Blessings!!!!

Jamie said...

YEA!!! We have safe babies!!!! Glad to knwo they are working and well worth the pennies spent!!!

Nikki Schreiner said...

I am so happy you found a solution!! Nothing like a good night's sleep, eh? And they're much prettier and less prison-like that most ;)