Wednesday, April 28, 2010

NIAW



This week is National Infertility Awareness Week

(An awareness that hits close to home)


15 months of no success on our own, 16 months as a patient with a diagnosis of unexplained infertility, 5 cycles of clomid, 3 failed tries of artificial insemination ********* 1 Almighty God that heard our cries and answered our prayers giving us 2 miracles that will be 2 years old on June 2nd.


I have living proof that there is HOPE.




We have been down that long lonely emotional road of infertility.

I had spent many days and nights crying, wishing, hoping, praying, and planning to be a mother. I fought with jealousy and anger; "why me, why us, why is she able?" God sees the bigger picture but we struggle with giving it all to him and just trusting in him and HIS timing.

After we decided to take a 2 month break and pray and seek his guidance; the funds and insurance coverage became available for us to proceed to the next step, IVF. We were then blessed with 2 healthy heartbeats on our first try. God's timing is the best!




For those who are waiting on HIS timing; I am praying for you. I have prayed over a long list for many months and seen 171 rejoices documented. If you are on the long lonely road of infertility, you are not alone. There is hope, just have faith in his timing!


"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

We are the Smith Family said...

Wow...beautifully said!!!

Anonymous said...

I ran across your post and was horrified. Isn't IVF going against God's timing? If God wanted you to conceive, wouldn't He just let you conceive? IVF, along with other non-intercourse ways of conceiving, it NOT trusting in God to hear your prayers-it's working around Him by putting your desires to have children over His plans for you. Also, what about the fertilized eggs that didn't get implanted? Are they frozed or trashed? Do you really think freezng babies or throwing them away gives them the dignity every human being deserves? FYI-I have fertility issues too, but I would never destroy human life to conceive.