Last Thursday the girls and I left out on our first trip without daddy or Gamma tagging along to help. We made the 6 hour trip to Arlington, Texas to spend 5 days with Liz and her twins. The drive went way better than I expected. I bought the girls a new DVD to watch in the car, Charlotte's Web, and they loved it. We made 3 stops to potty and eat lunch; before arriving at Liz's house around 4:00. We had a great visit, but with 2 sets of toddler twins under one roof there was NEVER a dull moment!
Thursday evening we went to the mall to let the kids run and play in a free playground area.
Friday we met up with 4 other sets of twins at the Fort Worth Zoo.
Saturday, Liz and I decided to venture out to an outlet mall to do some shopping. Someone, not mentioning names (myself) had the great idea to try taking the kids to eat at the Rainforest Cafe. Let's just say that was the beginning of the chaos for the day. We had a terrible waiter that was extremely slow; I made 5 trips to the bathroom, such are the joys of having potty trained toddlers; and poor Kinley screamed the entire time. She was NOT a fan of the pretend animals and thunderstorms. Next time we will make sure that there is an adult per kid! We then began our shopping, while a thunderstorm and tornado were going on outside. After 4 hours of shopping with 2 double strollers, and 2 sets of twins that drew LOTS of attention, we decided to head home. We got about 3 blocks away while Brittyn was making silly screaming noises the whole time, and then Lexyn started screaming crying. Just as I turned around to see what was wrong with her, she threw up everywhere! We quickly made a turn into a gas station to strip her down and try to clean up the mess. Our plans were to hurry home and dress the girls up for a trunk-or-treat, so we were just hoping that Lexyn had a fluke tummy issue. However, on the remainder of the way home she threw up 2 more times. We changed our plans and decided to hang out at the house the rest of the evening, so we cooked the kids dinner. While feeding Brittyn, she threw up all over the highchair. At this point we knew it was not a fluke tummy issue, my girls had a bug and we had brought it back into Liz's house. I cleaned up Brittyn and her mess and took both girls into watch TV, we just walked into the living room and Lexyn threw up all over the floor again. This is when I knew it was going to be a LONG night! Chris and Liz were a great help but I was still overwhelmed that we weren't at our house, and that I was without daddy with 2 sick babies. We got all 4 girls in bed so that we could try to enjoy some dinner. Around 10:00 we hear some crying out, I walked in to find Lexyn throwing up in the bed. I get her cleaned up AGAIN, and decided to give her a phenergan. I gave it to her with a tablespoon of sprite and then layed her back down. As I was walking out of the room Brittyn woke up throwing up in her bed. Liz and I got her and her bed cleaned up, give her a phenergan and layed her back down in bed just in time to have Lexyn throw up the phenergan and little bit of sprite. Needless to say, it was a NASTY bug. Luckily that was the end of the throwing up for us. They kept down the 2nd phenergan and fell asleep for the rest of the night. Sunday we stayed home from church to make sure everyone was well. After keeping down lunch and taking a good nap we headed out on our next fun adventure, a pumpkin patch. We drove an hour away, to take the girls to a pumpkin patch in hopes of getting some good pictures. That was another joke we experienced! It was very crowded and very windy and pretty hot for October. Brittyn and Kinley enjoyed themselves while Lexyn and Madelyn screamed the entire time. I was just glad that I wasn't the only one with a grouchy screaming child. After fighting them for 45 minutes we decided to call it quits! We got home in time to bathe the girls and put them in bed so that Liz and I could enjoy a quiet last evening.
It was pretty chaotic at times, and we drew lots of attention everywhere we went having 2 sets of multiples, but we made some great memories and enjoyed each other's company while laughing our way through the stressful moments. I can't wait for our next chaotic get together!
Here we go! Lexyn was excited to be heading out on a drive.
Sweet girls
Rainforest Cafe
Liz snapped a few shots of my poor sick Lexyn stripped down standing in a puddle of water in the cool temps at a gas station while I attempted to clean up the car!
This is what it looks like when 4 toddlers are under one roof!
Brittyn enjoying the pumpkin patch.
Talk about drawing attention! We got asked several times if they were quads.
We found an old tractor to pretend drive. All 4 girls LOVED this.
And just for fun, here are the other group shots from our get togethers.
We had a great time Liz, and can't wait to do it again. Thanks for putting us up and feeding us, and cleaning up after us. We made lots of memories and already miss you guys.





1 comment:
Girl you are welcome here anytime!!! I can't wait to see you guys again...hope it's sooner than later! We love you all!
Post a Comment